SSIS 2016 to execute a remote shell script on a unix server using SSH with Bitvise

• Hi All

I need to copy a file to a remote AWC EC2 Ubuntu server which I can do from SSIS using SFTP through WinSCP with a execute processes task in my package the next step is the bit I have a problem with once the file has been copied to the ubuntu server I have a shell script with 6 scripts that do a find and replace then move the file to an upload dir on a domain.

I can exec the shell script using sudo bash filename.sh from a terminal session on the server so I know that all works OK
    So what I need to know is how to exec the shell script using another execute processes task after the SFTP upload using Bitvise see Screen cap exec proc task attached
    I have setup the BitviseRemoteTask.txt file with the connection keys and the sudo bash command but I just can't seem to find the correct syntax for either the txt file or the arguments line in the exec proc task

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards
    The Monkey

• Northern Monkey - Friday, January 27, 2017 1:29 PM

Hi All

I need to copy a file to a remote AWC EC2 Ubuntu server which I can do from SSIS using SFTP through WinSCP with a execute processes task in my package the next step is the bit I have a problem with once the file has been copied to the ubuntu server I have a shell script with 6 scripts that do a find and replace then move the file to an upload dir on a domain.

I can exec the shell script using sudo bash filename.sh from a terminal session on the server so I know that all works OK
    So what I need to know is how to exec the shell script using another execute processes task after the SFTP upload using Bitvise see Screen cap exec proc task attached
    I have setup the BitviseRemoteTask.txt file with the connection keys and the sudo bash command but I just can't seem to find the correct syntax for either the txt file or the arguments line in the exec proc task

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards
    The Monkey

First thing I would recommend is ignore SSIS for a while and make this work from the command line. Once you have that, moving it to an EP task should not be difficult.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil

I got it to run from the command line just can't get it to run from the SSIS execute task it opens the ssh terminal session then closes the term session and errors but I can't see what the error is

I think I will post thi on Bitvise support forum also

Thanks for the advise it's got me a little further down the road
    Ta muchly
    S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply