SSAS Cube Schedulling?

• Hi Guys,

I want to know how to Schedule SSAS Cube, I have tried below steps but got stucked at step no 6

Steps to Create SSIS And Schedule It...

1. Create a New Integration Service Project. In the control flow tab, add a connection manager for analysis Services database and refer the instance of analysis service database in which cube exist.

2. From the Control Flow tool bar tab, find the ‘Analysis Services Processing Task’ and drag and drop to the control flow panel.

3. Edit this task and add the ‘cubes’ which we want to process in the object list option

4. Build the project and In the file menu, select ‘Save…..as’ and save the package to Analysis Services Database Server

5. Connect the Database Engine using Management Studio

6. Go to SQL Server Agent and Right Click on the Jobs. Add a new Job and set the Job Type as ‘integration Service’.

7. And Select the locally saved SSIS Package and set the period option as per your requirement

8. That’s it. Now the cubes will be processed at the scheduled intervals.

if anyone knows how to do this or any other ways to do this let me know.

Thanks..

• another way of doing this is to;

1. right-click on database and click process.

2. select script

3. copy this script

4. use this scripts as a task job of type SSAS command.

• Hey r u talking about Analysis Services Database where cube is being created because I followed all those steps of urs i.e. process cube, copied script etc but still having problems to create a New job n Job Type. This option is available in SQL Server BIDS 2005 but still struggling with the same.

Could you please elaborated this briefly.

Thanks...

• When cube get scheduled using "SSAS processing task" in SSIS how will I came to know its upadating the new records in SSAS Database

Is their something in "SSAS processing task" to know this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply