SSAS 2012 Cube Processing options and Performance

• Hi,

I have an SSIS package which has a step that processes a Cube with Process Full option and Sequential Single Transaction settings. My question is that when the cube is processed this way, does it use the underlying DimCustomer table or it just used already processed Dimension Data. I have another procedure which uses the DimCustomer table at the same time which is slow. The cube processing is also slow. Can it be true that both are slow because they are using the same dimension table? There are about 13 mill rows in the dimension

Please suggest.

Thank you,

Veena

• In addition to the problem stated above, I see that the cube processing times have been increasing rapidly for a process that runs once every month. Every month I see that the time is increased by at least 2 hours. We don't have so much increase in data though. Could you please point me to resources which can help figure out what is causing the processing times to increase. Very new to SSAS 2012. Please advise.

• For enhancing the cube processing performance you should think these points

1.Did you create partition in your cube

2.Did your dimension optimize? like identifying attribute relationship,using user hierarchy effectively

3.Did your aggregations optimize

• Thank you for the suggestions. Ran a trace and found that the statistics were out of date which caused some partitions to process very slow.

Thank you,

Veena

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply