SQLXML 3.0 Configuration

• I downloaded SQLXML 3.0 and configured my Virtual Directory Per BOL. I downloaded SQLXML onto my desktop PC and then did a remote configuration of my IIS Web server which is on a different box than my Sql Server 2000 installation. As I said I did everything according to several articles I have seen on MSDN sites as well as BOL. When I go and try a simple Query within my web browser from the IIS Server box (e.g. http://localhost/Northwind/Templates/Customers.xml) I get the following error:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the localhost home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Internet Explorer

I checked all the permissions and access is allowed to everyone at the moment since this is a test box.

Do I need to have the SQLXML 3.0 install on the IIS server box or possibly on the Database server since I have seen this download referred to as a Service Pack???

I have also read that Sql Server Client tools need to be on the IIS server box.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

• To get SQLXML working on an IIS box you need to install SQL client tools, reboot, install SOAP 2.0 sdk, install SQLXML 3.0, reboot (technically you can skip the reboots but it's not a great idea).

Make sure that when you admin the IIS box you do so with the right tool: "C:\Program Files\SQLXML 3.0\sqlisad3.msc" and not "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN\SQL IIS Admin.MSC" which is installed by the SQL client tools.

Keith Henry

DBA/Developer/BI Manager

Edited by - keithh on 09/24/2003 02:05:44 AM

Keith Henry

According to everyone I know I "do something with computers?" for a living, so there you go.

• Thanks Keith I will try your solution this morning...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply