SQLService Restart issue

• Hi,

I restarted the server 24 Hrs back and it is still in stopping mode. Can anyone suggest how to troubleshoot the same.

Thanks,

Ankit

Ankit
    MCITP Database developer SQL 2008,MCTS Database Administration SQL 2008
    "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
    You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

• Thank you very much for your post, but i'm sorry that i can not suggest anything, and i have same question.

• have u tried refreshing the service , the status doesnt always automatically change

what does the service show when look at from the services.msc console

Which service is this , mssqlserver or the agent

why did u restart ?

has the service used a account and has the password changed for the account ?

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• I restarted mssqlserver . I did that cause the server was hanging and TempDB was consuming 1 TB disk space. The service was refreshed but showed the same status. The pwd has not changed.

Please suggest the solution.

Ankit
    "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.

• Same status for the last 24 hours. I assume this is not a production server.

You will have more information on the sqlserver error log and the event viewer.

Please share what you have got in to that.

-- baabhu.

• Timeout occurred while waiting for latch: class 'SERVICE_BROKER_TRANSMISSION_WORKTABLE', id 0000000003472E00, type 4, Task 0x00000000043DC748 : 0, waittime 66900, flags 0x1a, owning task 0x000000000BEBC508. Continuing to wait.

Ankit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply