SQL Services not starting automatically after windows CU3 rollout

• Hi,

Has anyone noticed this being an issue after the Lync 2010 cu3 was installed? If so, any info in it would be great. Thanks!

• Do you mean once the CU has completed you need to either start the services manually or reboot the server after completion for the services to start. Or they do not start after rebooting server even though set to automatic?

If its the former that is what is supposed to happen according to my contact as microsoft.

We have been patching many servers lately and in all of them we have had to restart the SQL Services post applying CU3.

MCITP SQL 2005, MCSA SQL 2012

• The services just do not start once the server was rebooted. No entries in the sql logs and nothing in events as if the services are not even trying to start. They just sit there until I start them manually. No other changes in our environment but that. Even my SSRS environment is suffering and nothing out there related to this. There is a Kb article for a lync db fix but all that does is improve the functionality of lync or rather is supposed to but not a mention of SQL at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply