SQL Server Transactional Replication

• I've got one publisher and three different subscribers to that publisher. One of the subscribers is our test environment. We want to start shutting down(nightly) the test environment at night and I wanted to know what I should do with regards to that
    subscriber that is on the test server. Should I stop the synchronization to it prior to shutdown. My subscriptions are set to never expire.

• ericwenger1 - Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:57 PM

I've got one publisher and three different subscribers to that publisher. One of the subscribers is our test environment. We want to start shutting down(nightly) the test environment at night and I wanted to know what I should do with regards to that
    subscriber that is on the test server. Should I stop the synchronization to it prior to shutdown. My subscriptions are set to never expire.

By stopping the synchronization do you mean stopping the distribution agent job for this subscription? You could but I'd first be more concerned about the distribution database and if this is something that the distribution database is large enough to handle. And that depends on the amount of activity being replicated.
    And then how the test environment is going to catch up after being off at night. It also may be that changing the distribution schedule makes more sense.
    But yes you'd probably want to stop the distribution job for that subscription. If it's a pull subscription and you are shutting down the subscribing server at night, it wouldn't be running anyway.

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply