SQL Server performance counters

• We can't see the SQL Server performance counters in perfmon of our SQL Servers. How do we make it so we can see them?

Thanks very much.

• I hit this once. Somehow, they didn't get installed, or were uninstalled. We uninstalled and reinstalled SQL Server, and they appeared--not a very good solution. Go through the installation routine, and somewhere in there should be a relevant installation option to add just that component.

Philip

• Run regsvr32 sqlctr80.dll from DOS command window. sqlctr80.dll is default in folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn.

Or

Perform the following steps:

1.Open a command prompt.

2.Run the following command to unload the SQL Server Performance Monitor counters:

unlodctr mssqlserver

3.Close and re-open Performance Monitor; the SQL Server counters should now have been removed from the object list.

4.Run the following command from the command prompt to load the SQL Server performance Monitor counters again:

lodctr c:\mssql7\binn\sqlctr.ini --- For 7.0

lodctr C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\sqlctr80.ini --- For 2000

5.Close and re-open Performance Monitor; the SQL Server counters should now appear in the object list.

6.If the SQL Server counters still do not appear in the object list, close Performance Monitor and stop SQL Server. Then restart SQL Server and open Performance Monitor again.

• Thanks very much for your responses! I'll give it a try Allen. I'm assuming that following your steps won't bother SQL Server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply