SQL Server not using all of its memory.

• Jo, Yes I am mesuring both from task manager and sql server total server memory in perfmon. Both readings seem to be about the same.

Chris I have a feeling its the /3gb switch thats killing me too. I may be able to restart the server on sunday night. To be honest I haven't even found a good explanation of what the /3gb really does.

I also think that I could possibly not have enough virtual memory allocated ? possible ?

Is anyone familiar with the Editbin.exe utility is VS. Could I use this to force sql to use the memory ?

• we just implemented AWE here and used /3GB /PAE  We have 8gb of ram quad processors.  Before adding this we were using around 2.8 and it jumped up to 7.6gb  This is after a restart. 

I wonder if there's another switch for sizes over 8gb, but i never saw it mentioned in the MS article.

• I would be happy to be using 7.6 ! Thanks for the input at least i now know that is most likely not the problem. Which is bad news because now I have no idea, But good news because I may not need to restart.

• finnally looks like i found the answer to my problem. there is an awe hotfix for service pack 4 that i need to apply.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=899761

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply