SQL Server Express 2005 - Single User Mode sets automatically

• I have an installation of SQL Server Express 2005 where the mode is being set to single user mode automatically. I can restart the server and everything will work and allow multiple users to login. When I look at the Master and all the other database settings they are all set to Multi User. Any ideas on why the server is taking place. I have the same setup on about 20 other machines with no issues.

• darren.gould.email (10/23/2009)

I have an installation of SQL Server Express 2005 where the mode is being set to single user mode automatically. I can restart the server and everything will work and allow multiple users to login. When I look at the Master and all the other database settings they are all set to Multi User. Any ideas on why the server is taking place. I have the same setup on about 20 other machines with no issues.

It means you are using a database that is a user instance which is a single user database so you need to make sure you create only server instance databases. In the BOL look up user instance restrictions.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply