SQL Server cluster without Windows Failover Cluster

• Hello,

Iยดve been reading that SQL Server 2012 Always On is dependent on having a Windows Failover Cluster setup. Is that correct ?

• It's not that you set up full blow failover clustering. But you have to set up the clustering services. The documentation is pretty clear on exactly how you have to do this.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• oskargunn (2/18/2014)

Hello,

Iยดve been reading that SQL Server 2012 Always On is dependent on having a Windows Failover Cluster setup. Is that correct ?

Yes, for more information see my guide at this link[/url]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Ok, so it requires that Windows Failover cluster feature is installed.

Thanks for the info, and btw awesome Article on AlwaysON ๐Ÿ™‚

• oskargunn (2/18/2014)

Ok, so it requires that Windows Failover cluster feature is installed.

Thanks for the info, and btw awesome Article on AlwaysON ๐Ÿ™‚

If you like that you'll love this[/url], in 4 parts ๐Ÿ˜Ž

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Perry,

I can't seem to find part 2 etc. Can you direct me to all four parts?

• Hi

Parts 2-4 will be released soon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply