Sql Server Change from local Account to Domain Account

• Hi, I'm trying to change SQL Server Account from local to Domain but I'm getting this error message. I'm using Sql Server Configuration Manager.

Local Account : .\sqlservice
    New Domain Account : Domain\mssqladmin

"The request failed or the service did not respond in timely fashion. Consult the event Log or other applicable error logs for details."

At event Viewer
    Application:
    Error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15100) occurred while opening file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf' to obtain configuration information at startup. An invalid startup option might have caused the error. Verify your startup options, and correct or remove them if necessary.

System:
    The SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated with service-specific error 17113 (0x42D9).

The new account it's assigned in the same groups as the local account.

What else do I have to change or what configuration I'm missing?

Thanks in Advance.

• er sql - Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:29 PM

Hi, I'm trying to change SQL Server Account from local to Domain but I'm getting this error message. I'm using Sql Server Configuration Manager.

"The request failed or the service did not respond in timely fashion. Consult the event Log or other applicable error logs for details."

At event Viewer
    Application:
    Error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15100) occurred while opening file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf' to obtain configuration information at startup. An invalid startup option might have caused the error. Verify your startup options, and correct or remove them if necessary.

System:
    The SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated with service-specific error 17113 (0x42D9).

Thanks in Advance.

Its Sql Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition 64 bits.

• er sql - Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:33 PM

er sql - Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:29 PM

Hi, I'm trying to change SQL Server Account from local to Domain but I'm getting this error message. I'm using Sql Server Configuration Manager.

At event Viewer
    Application:

System:

Thanks in Advance.

Its Sql Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition 64 bits.

Check the startup parameters. In SQL Configuration Manager, right click on the SQL Server service and select properties. On the startup parameters page, make sure the data and log files for master and the error log are pointing to the correct locations.
    You might also want to check the registry where those are located to check the permissions and make sure the service account can access that key.
    And then also try to log onto the server where the instance is, right click on SQL Server configuration manager and select Run as administrator.

Sue

• er sql - Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:29 PM

At event Viewer
    Application:

System:

Thanks in Advance.

I think I know what's going on. You need to insure that the domain account has required level of access to the \DATA and \LOG folders. It doesn't necessarily need to be a full local admin on the server, but it at least needs to read and write to the folders containing data and log files.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• I've ready check startup parameters, they are right on its place, they are:

-dC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf;
    -eC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log\ERRORLOG;
    -lC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog.ldf

I've Run as Administrator and the service is not starting.

" The request failed or thr service did not respond in timely fashion. Consult the event log or the other logs for details."

Event Viewer Apllication Error:

Event Viewer System:
    At registry the user has access ti the keys.
    Cant start service.

• Try logging in as the actual domain account you are trying to use and verify it can get to that directory, it's not about you logging into the server as admin and trying to start the service it's about what that domain account can do.

• I've granted access to the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA and finally the service is running.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply