SQL Server Agent - Not starting

• When i try to start the sql server agent in my base machine , I am recieving the below error message -

"The Sql Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs "

I couldn't find anything in my file SQLAGENT.OUT .

Please advise .

Thanks .

• When you say you couldn't find anything in SQLAGENT.OUT, do you mean you couldn't find SQLAGENT.OUT at all? If that's the case, the reason it's failing to start is probably that an invalid location has been specified, or the SQL Server Agent service account doesn't have the right permissions on the location.

John

• if your main concern is sql agent problem/error then why you interested in the error of SSAS.you should be getting some error when you try to start sql agent job. Paste that error.

Also I beleive in dependency tab of SQL SERVER Agent service, you only able to see SQL Server and not SQL Server and SSAS as well.

----------
    Ashish

• 1. "The Sql Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs " is the error message I am getting when i try to start Agent service

2. Only SQL Server is in the dependency of the Agent service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply