SQL Server Agent access for non sa user

• On SQL Server 2005 I have 2 users both configured with the fixed database role of SQLAgentReaderRole. One can see all of the jobs and the other can not. They both are accessing the server using windows authentication. One accesses by name and the other by IP (have a DNS Issue that is being fixed). Anybody have any ideas on what would cause this issue?

• Is this a Named instance? On which port does sql server listen on?

check if both users have same permission, which user is the job owner? The user which is able to see the job how does he log in to server is it IP address or Server name?

"More Green More Oxygen !! Plant a tree today"

• Is this a Named instance? No it is not a NAMED instance On which port does sql server listen on? 1433

check if both users have same permission, Bothusers have the same permissions since it part of an AD Group

which user is the job owner? The SQL Server Agent does not even show. Each User has at least 1 Job.

The user which is able to see the job how does he log in to server is it IP address or Server name? This user connects using the Server name.

Now it gets really wierd. We created a SQL Server USer with the exact same permissions. I connect with that user by IP and I can see the SQL Server Agent and the Jobs. This having issues use the same SQL Server User that I used and connects using IP from their workstation and it SQL Server Agent still does not show up

• Ok we got it figured out. User was given SSMS Express not SSMS. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply