SQL Server 2014 Express Reporting Services Password?

• I have recently installed the Express version of Reporting Services 21014.  SQL Server Management works fine.  When I launch the Reporting Services Configuration Manager that also looks fine and the set up looks OK according to the various information sheets available.  However, when I try to go to the URL it keeps asking for a password which I have never set under the default user that was created at the time of the installation.  Can anyone advise how this is resolved please?  I'm running Windows 10 through the Parallels interface on a Mac.

• bob-848438 - Monday, May 1, 2017 4:17 AM

I have recently installed the Express version of Reporting Services 21014.  SQL Server Management works fine.  When I launch the Reporting Services Configuration Manager that also looks fine and the set up looks OK according to the various information sheets available.  However, when I try to go to the URL it keeps asking for a password which I have never set under the default user that was created at the time of the installation.  Can anyone advise how this is resolved please?  I'm running Windows 10 through the Parallels interface on a Mac.

Try right clicking on Internet Explorer and select Run As Administrator. Then try the URL. Then add the windows account you use to the system administrators under Site Settings.

Sue

• This prompt you getting is the authentication to the report server, by default rs uses windows authentication so enter your domain\username with password to access report server.

-----------------
    Aditya Rathour
    SQL DBA

Not Everything that is faced can be changed,
    but nothing can be changed until it is faced.

• Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  Found I had to set IE as the default browser instead of Edge.  Then run IE as Administrator.  It then worked.  Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply