SQL Server 2012 Installation partially failed-missing SSMS and SSIS (Data Tools)

• Has anyone had the installation stop on this part?

Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file D:\CAB43.CAB has an invalid signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.

The SQL Server 2012 installation rolled back that one part that I think is Integration Services, and now is continuing with the installation...

"Install_VSIntShell_Cpu32_Action: InstallFiles. Copying new files" <-- I think this is SQL Server Data Tools/Integration Services.

The three things which did not install are:

Management Tools

Management Tools Basic

SQL Server Data Tools

• No, I haven't had the issue before.

Where are you installing from? Download, DVD?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Well, I can finally stop spending so much time installing and reinstalling SQL Server and Visual Studio in the evenings. I tried repeatedly to use just the msi install files directly, but they do not work exactly the way I thought they would. I've done the REPAIR option several times to no avail.

The three items which did not install in the first "re-install" were finally installed this time:

Management Tools - Probably SSMS

Management Tools Basic

SQL Server Data Tools (formerly known as SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio-BIDS)

(1) Getting this to work finally took downloading an ISO installation file from MSDN (www.BizSpark.com) with a file name of:

en_sql_server_2012_business_intelligence_with_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_1172923.iso

which was about 6 GB in size.

(2) This program/setup gave me the option of adding missing features, which the other SQL Server installation did not. And, the GUI form from the setup displayed the three missing programs, so I checked all three of them. All other items which were installed were already checked (the check boxes appeared to be disabled).

The above 2 steps installed the missing programs for SQL Server 2012. What was weird is that the setup asked for the Visual Studio 2010 Disk. Since I had the entire VS 2010 Ultimate setup copied from the Disk to my laptop, I used the Browse button and selected the vs_setup.msi file in the root of the VS 2010 setup. The program continued and did the entire install of the missing tools, which appear to be SQL Server Data Tools and SQL Server Management Studio.

Man, what a trip!

• Glad that you sorted it out after all 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply