SQL Server 2012 Beta Exam Results

• I've taken 2 of the beta exams: Querying and Developing.

I just checked my Candidate History on the Prometric website and I passed Querying! 😀

However on the Developing the exam status is 'Tested' (not 'Passed'). I'm hoping that they are still marking this exam and it will change to 'Passed' soon. Anyone else have a status of 'Tested' for their beta exam?

Even if I have failed, 1 out of 2 isn't too bad, and at least I have a bit more practice for next time.

• richard.woodward (6/12/2012)

I've taken 2 of the beta exams: Querying and Developing.

I just checked my Candidate History on the Prometric website and I passed Querying! 😀

However on the Developing the exam status is 'Tested' (not 'Passed'). I'm hoping that they are still marking this exam and it will change to 'Passed' soon. Anyone else have a status of 'Tested' for their beta exam?

Even if I have failed, 1 out of 2 isn't too bad, and at least I have a bit more practice for next time.

Yes, marked as Tested for 464 (Developing) and Tested for 465 (designing). They've been on that status since I took the exams.

I'm booked into my 519 exam tomorrow morning, so hopefully will get a lot of good news this week, although I'm not confident about one of the 2012 exams.

• gordon.byers (6/12/2012)

Yes, marked as Tested for 464 (Developing) and Tested for 465 (designing). They've been on that status since I took the exams.

I'm booked into my 519 exam tomorrow morning, so hopefully will get a lot of good news this week, although I'm not confident about one of the 2012 exams.

Thanks, that's a relief, at least there is still a chance of passing.

Gordon - Good luck with your exam tomorrow morning!

Also, congrats to vand.erik too.

• I logged in to Prometric (didn't even know it was possible) site and see that 71-461 (Querying) has status "Passed".

So I guess I'm buying the cake for the afternoon coffee at work 🙂

71-464 is still just "Tested".

Sql Server blog: http://www.tsql.nu

• Sounds like the results are in then for 461, 462, and 463. I took the former two and passed. Not in yet on 464 or 465. Interesting that Prometric is updated but that the MCP website is not.

• jeff.mason (6/12/2012)

Sounds like the results are in then for 461, 462, and 463. I took the former two and passed. Not in yet on 464 or 465. Interesting that Prometric is updated but that the MCP website is not.

This is my first certification, so I don't have access to the MCP site. But I guess it takes some transactions from Prometric to Microsoft before MCP site gets updated.

• I checked prometric website and I was quite shocked to see that I passed

70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012

I had good prior knowledge but I thought I won't do well with DQS/MDS and SSIS config/deployment but this seems my high level knowledge about these tools from SQL Bits conferences was suficient + probably a lot of luck 😉

The 2 remaining are "tested".

• jeff.mason (6/12/2012)

Interesting that Prometric is updated but that the MCP website is not.

On the MCP site it states that it can take up to 7 days for the latest exams/certs to reflect.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Well I'll be. I was expecting an email of the results, and perhaps one is coming, but I logged onto Prometric and found:

71-465 - Passed

71-462 - Passed

71-461 - Passed

71-464 - Tested

Not updated on the MCP site, but I'd expect with all the results coming, it will be sometime in the next few weeks.

• Hi Steve and everyone else

Well done on passing the exams!

I just logged in and noticed I got 2 remaining results for

071-466 Implementing Data Models and Reports w/MS SQL Server 2012

and

071-467 Design Business Intelligence Solutions w/MS SQL Server 2012

and I passed! Which is again rather odd (even suspitious, has anyone else got the same feeling?). I admit test questions were much more logical and real-life (=easier to answer) comparing to 2005/2008 MCTS but still passing them without much preparations (2012 new features) is rather disappointing 😉

I supposed to have failed all three (get 60%....69.9%max)! and study hard and take them again and pass! I've lost all the fun of preparing for exams!!

Oh well... time to take 461 querying and 462 administering database and get MCSE in BI 🙂

Regards

Emil

• GilaMonster (6/12/2012)

jeff.mason (6/12/2012)

On the MCP site it states that it can take up to 7 days for the latest exams/certs to reflect.

Well, yeah, but I was thinking that since this was a beta and since it took 2 months to grade that it would all load simultaneous.

The 465 is now showing passed for me as well, 464 is just saying "tested" still. I must admit, until I see someone say that they failed a test, I am wondering whether this is accurate given some of the recent issues with score reporting.

• OK, on another site someone is reporting having received a failed result, so I would say that the "passed' values are probably legit. Sweet....

• Now that I (surprisingly) passed 71-461 I'm banning myself for not signing up for more beta certifications. I did 71-464, but I should have taken 465 and 462 as well.

• Guys, I hope that somebody finally say what is difference between 70-433 and 70-461?:-D

As you think which exam is harder ?

PS. I did not participate in beta exam and now I am bit upset.

MS SQL 2008 MCITP x 3
    MS SQL 2012 MCSE x 2

• jeff.mason (6/12/2012)

GilaMonster (6/12/2012)

jeff.mason (6/12/2012)

Well, yeah, but I was thinking that since this was a beta and since it took 2 months to grade that it would all load simultaneous.

They've still got to be sent from Prometric to MSL, be loaded into the MSL systems before they can reflect on the site.

The 465 is now showing passed for me as well, 464 is just saying "tested" still. I must admit, until I see someone say that they failed a test, I am wondering whether this is accurate given some of the recent issues with score reporting.

I was chatting with someone on Twitter last night who failed 467.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply