SQL Server 2008 KB 970315 x64

• Hi,

I am installing sharepoint 2010 in windows 7 professional 64-bit.
    In order to complete installation i need to install "SQL Server 2008 KB 970315 x64".
    While i google, it showed me the below link  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970315.
    When I click over, it navigate to the page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/970315/cumulative-update-package-2-for-sql-server-2008-service-pack-1
    and shows some <b>HotFix Download Available</b>.
    When I click over,it request for email to send Hotfix within 5 minutes.But i am not receiving any email from Microsoft regarding the hotfix.
    I waited more than a day and tried again, it repeated the same still no email received.Could anyone help me to download "SQL Server 2008 KB 970315 x64".
    Need proper site to download.

Already installed SQL SERVER 2012 in my system along with visual studio 2015.While installing the sharepoint SQLSERVER 2008 folder is created in start-up.
    It shows like the below,

In order to complete sharepoint 2010 installation ,Is it necessary to install Sql Server 2008.

Please advise.

Regards,
    Poornima

• Those hotfix requests are usually pretty good. Check you junk email and also check to see if the mail is being blocked by Exchange. I've had that happen before.

Sue

• Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply.
    I don't have any email in the Junk Folder.I am using gmail.
    How to check if the mail is being blocked by Exchange?
    Is it necessary to install SQL server 2008 inorder to complete the setup of sharepoint 2010?
    Please advise.

Regards,
    Poornima

• poornima.s_pdi - Monday, March 20, 2017 7:46 PM

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your reply.
    I don't have any email in the Junk Folder.I am using gmail.
    How to check if the mail is being blocked by Exchange?
    Is it necessary to install SQL server 2008 inorder to complete the setup of sharepoint 2010?
    Please advise.

Regards,
    Poornima

Exchange used in companies can block email. If you have no junk email and nothing being blocked by you in gmail then I don't know why you don't receive the emails.
    For Sharepoint 2010 you need SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012.
    Different combinations need different service packs for either Sharepoint or SQL Server. You would want to make sure you're following whatever is needed for whichever combination you decide to use.

Sue

• Hi Sue,

Thank you very much.
    I will try to install SQL server 2008 and let you know, if I face any difficulties.

Regards,
    Poornima

• SQL Server 2008 went out of support some years back.  You would be better off with SQL2012 as this is still in support for now.

SharePoint 2010 is probably also out of support, I havn't checked this.  Windows 7 is out of mainstream support and only gets extended support.

If you are planning to do anything other than hobby work on your environment you should be installing currently supported software, and using a Server OS, not a client OS like Windows 7

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply