SQL Server 2008 Installation Problem

• Guys,

I couldn't intall SQL Server 2008 R2 with advanced service on my computer that is running Windows XP Home Edition. It says the Windows PowerShell needs to be installed.

So I downloaded the Powershell for SQL Server 2008, then the file can not be opened because my computer doesn't recognize the file and doesn't know how to open.

Do I need the Windows Powershell for XP or for SQL Server 2008?

Thanks

• You need powershell for XP. Also which edition of SQL Server are you trying to install on Windows XP?

• :w00t:

this link has all thing as i thought

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968930/en-us

:hehe:

• RishiKapoor (2/2/2012)

You need powershell for XP. Also which edition of SQL Server are you trying to install on Windows XP?

I downloaded SQL Server 2008 R2 Development Edition with Advanced Services.

Now the installation can't complete because no Windows Powershell installed on my computer.

• Thanks for the link.

But now I am at Server Configuration and I got invalid creditial error messages.

I googled it and found the solution is logon as a domain admin, not a local admin.

What logon are they talking about? Windows XP logon?

And what service account and password to enter for my server configuration?

• You can use Local System Account as Logon Account to start SQL Services

• I entered my Windows XP login user name in server configuration during installation and I leave the pw part blank since I don't need to enter one for my Windows XP login.

It still doesn't work. Is a pw required for this part?

Also how can I go back to server configuration after I quit SQL Server 2008 installation?

I had to uninstall SQL Server 2008 R2 and then install it again before I can enter the server configuration part. There must be a way to go around this.

• I went into SQL Server 2008 Installation Center and I didn't find a way to go back to server configuration part.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply