SQL Server 2005 SE installation stalls

• Guys,

I'm trying to install SQL Server 2005 SE and it hangs (step : SQL Server is scanning your computer configuration). 2005 Visual Studio has been installed. After it hanged for the first time I've removed SQL Server Express installed by 2005 Visual Studio, but it didn't resolve an issue. Any ideas ?

• Take a look at the setup log files located under %Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\log\files\. Most likely you'll need to look inside the *_core(local).log file. This sounds like WMI problem. Search the Microsoft knowledge base for repairing WMI.

Cheers,

Dan

• Thank you, Dan.

Lesson #1 : don't install RTM version thru Terminal Services. It takes 50 mins for configuration checking vs 5 mins to install directly.

My installation saga continues...

Initial installtion that allowed to change a path (pointing to drive D: instead of C has crashed and I had no choice but to remove all installation related programs thru Control panel's add/remove and ...  another thing popped up. Even accepting a path that refers to drive D: (100 GB available) installation gives an error claiming not having enough space as if it still has somewhere a reference to drive C:.

I've looked at the registery and found a reference to C:\Program Files\Bootstrap , but some components have to go there anyway.

Any ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply