SQL SERVER 2005 REPLICATION (SNAPSHOT ERROR)

• I'm trying to generate a snapshot of 41 articles (all tables).  I've been getting this error when the SNAPSHOT AGENT runs.

" StartIndex cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: startIndex "

To try and narrow this error down, I decided to add 1 article at a time and then run the SNAPSHOT agent after each addition.  There are 16 tables which when added as articles individually, generate the above error.  The database I'm using was previously a SQL SERVER 2000 database and was being replicated (MERGE).

Has anyone seen this error?  Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

• MICROSOFT RESPONSE FROM MSDN

This is certainly a bug with handling (or parsing) a certain trigger that you have at your publisher. You may be able to work around this by adding the '-VerbatimTextObjectScripting 0' parameter on the snapshot agent command line and whether this will resolve issue tell us quite a bit of where the problem is. Better yet, it will be trememdously helpful to if you can isolate which trigger is causing the problem and then open a bug at http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/ with the definition of the trigger that you obtained from sys.comments.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

SUBSEQUENT RESPONSE:

Since the scripts are generated in sequential article order, you may be able to find out the name of the trigger causing the problem from the previous command (the one before sp_releaseapplock) that the snapshot agent issues to retrieve its definition from the -OutputVerboseLevel 2 output.

WHAT I DID TO GET IT TO WORK:

I applied SQL SERVER 2005 SP1 CTP

• Was this resolved?

Ryan P. Casey • www.R-P-C-Group.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply