SQL Server 2005 Job email notification alerts

• Does this Database Mail work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook Exchange?

• Yes I was able to configure the email account of an exchange server and have it successfully sending me alerts today.

• Hi Folks

can anyone tel me what to look for if my test email works fine, but when i add a Notify Operator Task, the jobs gives me a fail message:

Executed as user: LOSANGELES-2K\llspsqlservice. ...00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 1:16:34 PM Progress: 2009-07-06 13:16:36.59 Source: {80B1D56C-48E3-4F64-A259-07432D155389} Executing query "DECLARE @GUID UNIQUEIDENTIFIER EXECUTE msdb..sp".: 100% complete End Progress Progress: 2009-07-06 13:16:36.93 Source: Check Database Integrity Executing query "USE [AdventureWorks] ".: 100% complete End Progress Progress: 2009-07-06 13:16:38.51 Source: Check Database Integrity Executing query "DBCC CHECKDB WITH NO_INFOMSGS ".: 100% complete End Progress Progress: 2009-07-06 13:16:38.52 Source: Check Database Integrity Executing query "USE [AdventureWorksDW] ".: 100% complete End Progress Progress: 2009-07-06 13:16:39.79 Source: Check Database Integrity Executing query "DBCC CHECKDB WITH NO_INFOMSGS ".: 100% complete End Progress Progress: 2009-07-06 ... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I am pretty sure I checked everything mentioned in this topic

Any Assistance WouldBe Appreciated

Thanks

Jim

• Hi All,

I wonder if there is an option somewhere to consolidate each notification in a single mail rather than having one mail per job. Something like a digest mail.

• The single email address can be a distribution list, which is the way I made it work in my environment.. I tried adding multiple email addresses to the notification, and it didn't work for me. Maybe somebody else has a different suggestion?

• Hi,

Does one have to restart the SQL Server Agent each time one makes a change to a database mail profile/account for it to take an effect?

Thanks

Newbe

• No, you shouldn't have to.

• Thanks a mil, I saw =I forgot to add the Operator doh :w00t:

• I got an error when trying to add a semi-colon delimited list of e-mail addresses to an operator like this:

addr1@domain.com; addr2@domain.com

Note the space after the semi-colon.

When removing the space after the semi-colon, the list was accepted and the notifications work fine.

Hope this helps.

• When you create the operator you can add multipe emails in the e-mail field like you do in outlook or other clents just add the semicolon

test1@bla.bla;test2@bla.bla

• It worked.. thanks a lot

• Distribution List are failing for me also... how odd.

• Distribution List are failing for me also... how odd.

• Works perfect. Thank you.

• Thanka It's working!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply