SQL Server 2005 Client - Server MSDTC Problem

• Has anyone seen this before due to SSIS execution from a client machine? "The SSIS Runtime has failed to enlist the OLE DB connection in a distributed transaction with error 0x8004D024 "The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions."

The client is running XP Pro SP 2 and the server is Server 2003 SP1. Allow Remote Clients, Allow Remote Administration, Allow Inbound Clients, Allow Outbound Clients, and TIP are enabled in Component Services/My Computer/Properties/MSDTC/Security Configuration. I've also enabled the 'No authentication required' option (tried all 3). Both server and client machines have been restarted and I am still receiving this error. I have disabled the firewall on the client machine. The error only occurs when running the package from a client machine. We do have an ISA server firewall, but that is not blocking any ports between the client and the server. Client and server are on the same IP subnet.

I've wracked my brain on this one and still can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

• what version of sql is running on the server, what service pack is running on sql?

• MS SQL 2005 (9.00.1399.06) is running on the server. Service Pack 0.

• Alright nevermind... I thought I'd done this on this machine... I had to enable the same MSDTC configuration on the client.

Things are flying along now. Thanks for the reply!

• I have the same issue and I have the DTC enabled on both ends. However, I am still getting the error. Transaction option is set to "Required".

Error: 0xC001402C at AMHDB_Task_PurgeArchive, Connection manager "AMHDB_Archive": The SSIS Runtime has failed to enlist the OLE DB connection in a distributed transaction with error 0x8004D024 "The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.".

Error: 0xC0202009 at AMHDB_Task_PurgeArchive, Connection manager "AMHDB_Archive": SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x8004D024.

Error: 0xC00291EC at Purge Archived Tasks, Execute SQL Task: Failed to acquire connection "AMHDB_Archive".

• Had the same problem and just solved it after reading this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899191

On XP SP2:

Run dcomcnfg, Component Services | R-click My Computer | Properties | MSDTC

Check off: Network DTC Access, Allow Inbound, Allow Outbound.

Worked for me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply