SQL Reporting Services Font issue...

• I have a report, and I am using TW Cent MT as the font. The report appears on screen with this font, and will export to Excel just fine maintaining the formatting and font. When exported to PDF the font is lost and it reverts to either Helvetica or MS Sans Serif. The font is installed on the machine the report was developed on, the machine running the report, and was just installed on the machine that hosts RS. RS was restarted after the font was installed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Is the font installed on the machine which is opening the .pdf? I'm not sure if SSRS embeds fonts in .pdf files the way acrobat will. Perhaps when acrobat reader opens the file on the user's machine, acrobat substitute with the other fonts to make it readable. Perhaps you will need to create a custom rendering extension in order to bundle that font in with the pdf.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• No the font is definately on the client machine. It is Helvetica that is changes the font to. It gets weird... its the fonts that are within a table on the report. Fonts that are just in text boxes render fine. It is the fonts in the table come across as Helvetica... am I missing something? Even if I set the fonts to Arial, it still doesnt preserve that formatting. I have to be missing something.

• Did you set the font on the individual text boxes or on the table itself? Just a guess here, but perhaps acrobat has some weird precedence that the MS World (on screen and as xls) ignores...

Kind of like ie 6 occasionally not really needing a closing </table> tag

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Your original post didn't mention if you were trying to export PDF, but some of the responses mentioned it, so maybe I missed something. If you are trying to go PDF, see the following links to make sure that the fonts get embedded:

(SQL2008)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159713.aspx

(SQL2005)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159713(SQL.90).aspx

Curtis Smith
    SQL Server DBA
    Well in worked in Theory ...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply