SQL Reporting Services 2008 - rsAccessDenied

• I have installed and configured several SSRS instances without issue. I inherited one that is giving me nothing but issues.

If I hit the report server URL (http://[servername]/reportserver) I am faced with a Windows challenge even though I am logged in as a local administrator.

When I access the report manager (http://[servername]/reports), it resolves, but does not present any tabs for Properties and Role Security.

Is there a way to fix this installation fairly easy, or will an uninstall/reinstall be in the works?

If there are any special tasks to insure a clean process, please throw them out there in case i am missing something.

Thanks,

David

• Starting with the obvious, I presume you have:

1. Logged onto the server hosting SSRS and confirmed that you are actually a member of the Administrators group

2. Logged onto the server using an admin account (not your account with local admin rights) and then logged into SQL Server Database Engine to confirm that your usual account details are explicitly listed as a sysadmin level account

3. Logged onto the server, opened up SSRS configuration manager and confirmed that the settings are comparable to those on the servers you have no issues with.

4. Logged onto the server using an admin account (not your account with local admin rights) and added your account to the Administrators role in Reporting Services Manager

5. Checked that you are accessing the correct instance

6. Added your account as a content manager to the home folder

This sounds like either a permissions or a UAC access issue - what OS/SQL Server combination are you using here?

• I have tried all of those that are possible. As mentioned previously, all of the tabs on the Report Manager are absent and henceone is unable to administer roles.

• Which of the suggested actions have you not been able to do? Logging in with a domain admin account to check your permissions?

Which OS are you using on the server? Is it different from the other reporting servers you are using?

Which version of SQL Server are you using here?

If you give us some more information, we may be able to provide a more tailored response.

Thanks,

Anna

• Just a thought - have you checked the config files to see if anything is commented out or missing compared to the other reporting servers?

• Aeterna,

As mentioned all was in place and proper. It was quite a vanilla install. As it turned out, the network administrators in o0ur Australia data center had disaled port 80 internally :angry:. I resolved the issue by designatiing a different port. Of course it would have been a little easier to chase down if the SSRS error displayed was more in line withthe true issue. Either way, I have it solved.

Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply