sql query

• Hi Friends,

Table1

RPTTypeCode Firstname LastName BarrowerID LoanTransID

.................................................................................

B1 Anu k 1 1

C1 Swetha SS 2 1

Table 2

LoanAppID LoanTransID LoanNumber

-----------------------------------------------------

1423 1 ABC12345

I need below fields in single row for a LoanransID

LoanNumber,B1.FirstName,B1.LastName,C1.FirstName,C2.LastName

Any body can help me to write sql query?

Thanks

Swetha

• Sample data in consumable format

DECLARE @Table1 TABLE (RPTTypeCode CHAR(2), Firstname VARCHAR(50), LastName VARCHAR(50), BarrowerID INT, LoanTransID INT)

INSERT INTO @Table1 VALUES ('B1','Anu','k',1,1),('C1','Swetha','SS',2,1)

DECLARE @Table2 TABLE (LoanAppID INT, LoanTransID INT, LoanNumber VARCHAR(10))

INSERT INTO @Table2 VALUES (1423,1,'ABC12345')

• Please help me??

• If you could read the second link in my signature on posting code it will help us out in future as we will have readily consumable data to which anyone can pick up and start testing without having to determin what youe schema and data look like.

But a dirty solution based on your sample data provided will do the trick.

SELECT

T2.LoanNumber,

B1.FirstName,

B1.Lastname,

C1.FirstName,

C1.LastName

FROM

@Table2 T2

INNER JOIN

(

SELECT

LoanTransID,

FirstName,

LastName

FROM

@Table1

WHERE

RPTTypeCode = 'B1'

) B1

ON

T2.LoanTransID = B1.LoanTransID

INNER JOIN

(

SELECT

LoanTransID,

FirstName,

LastName

FROM

@Table1

WHERE

RPTTypeCode = 'C1'

) C1

ON

T2.LoanTransID = C1.LoanTransID

• Thank you so much!!!!!

• I need a query without hardcoding RPTTypeCode column fields like B1,C1..etc.

Any one can help??

• From another thread:

Swetha527 (7/18/2012)

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Trans1](

[RPTTypeCode] [char](2) NULL,

[Firstname] [varchar](50) NULL,

[LastName] [varchar](50) NULL,

[BarrowerID] [int] NULL,

[LoanTransID] [int] NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

insert into [Trans1] values('B1','Swathi','B',10,1),('C1','Anu','CH',11,1),('E1','Chintu','KK',13,1)

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Trans2](

[LoanAppID] [int] NULL,

[LoanTransID] [int] NULL,

[LoanNumber] [varchar](10) NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

insert into [Trans2] values(1,1,'ABC123')

I want query output as below in sinlge row.

LoanNumber, B1.FirstName, B1.LastName,C1.FirstName,C1.LastName,E1.FirstName,E2.LastName

I do not want to hardcode "RPTTypeCode" column values because sometimes i get more values in the RPTTypeCode column of Trans1 table.

Anybody can help me please???

• Is this what you were looking for?

select

t2.[LoanNumber],

stuff((select ', ' + t1.RPTTypeCode + '.' + t1.FirstName + ',' + t1.RPTTypeCode + '.' + t1.LastName

from dbo.Trans1 t1

where t1.LoanTransID = t2.LoanTransID

for xml path(''),type).value('.','varchar(max)'),1,2,'') CombinedData

from

dbo.Trans2 t2;

• No.

I need columns and data like

[LoanNumber] B1.FirstName B1.LastName C1.FirstName C1.LastName E1.FirstName E1.LastName

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC12345 Swathi B Anu Ch Chintu kk

• Swetha527 (7/19/2012)

No.

I need columns and data like

[LoanNumber] B1.FirstName B1.LastName C1.FirstName C1.LastName E1.FirstName E1.LastName

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC12345 Swathi B Anu Ch Chintu kk

Then I suggest you start reading the articles I have referenced below in my signature block regarding Cross Tabs and Pivots. There are two articles, and you should read both of them in depth.

They should help you figure out how to answer your question. If you still have questions after reading the articles, please be sure to ask here.

• I did read the same. But i am unable to write dynamic script same. Please help me.

Thanks

Swetha

• I did read it. But i am unable to write dynamic script for the same. Please help me.

• Swetha527 (7/19/2012)

I did read it. But i am unable to write dynamic script for the same. Please help me.

If you can't write dynamic sql, I'm not going to write it for you. You need to be able to understand and support the code. This is only going to happen if you try to write it and ask for specific help along the way.

We are volunteers, and we are here to help, not do your work for you.

• I think you are unable to provide the dynamic script for the scenario i have given.

Thank you.

• Swetha527 (7/19/2012)

I think you are unable to provide the dynamic script for the scenario i have given.

Thank you.

You can think what you like, but I'm not going to give you something that you obviously won't understand and will be unable to support if it needs changing or breaks in the future.

If you want help, you have to start by showing some initiative and provide us with DDL, sample data, expected results, and what code you have written in an effort to solve your problem.

We will help you and guide you, but we aren't here to do your work for you. Especially if you aren't willing to demonstrate some desire to help us solve your problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply