SQL Process Utilization: 1%. System Idle: 96%

• Hi All,

Could you please advise on the below error.

"New queries assigned to process on Node 0 have not been picked up by a worker thread in the last 60 seconds. Blocking or long-running queries can contribute to this condition, and may degrade client response time. Use the "max worker threads" configuration option to increase number of allowable threads, or optimize current running queries. SQL Process Utilization: 1%. System Idle: 96%. "

When I checked the errorlog there were more deadlocks appeared.

Thank and Regards,

Ravi.

• Can someone please advise me on this issue ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

• ravisamigo (6/2/2012)

"New queries assigned to process on Node 0 have not been picked up by a worker thread in the last 60 seconds....When I checked the errorlog there were more deadlocks appeared.

The most likely cause is a deadlocked scheduler. Where the cause is internal to SQL Server, this is normally caused by a bug. The cause can also be external (i.e. your code). The server produces a stack dump when this occurs, which Microsoft CSS can analyse. You don't say what edition and build of SQL Server you are running; check you have the latest product patches applied before contacting CSS about this.

• Thanks for your prompt reply.

Currently our DB Server applied with SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4(9.00.5000.00).

I can see the below errors also in SQLServer Agent log.

"[298] SQLServer Error: 258, Unable to complete login process due to delay in prelogin response [SQLSTATE 08001]

[165] ODBC Error: 0, Login timeout expired [SQLSTATE HYT00]

[298] SQLServer Error: 258, Shared Memory Provider: Timeout error [258]. [SQLSTATE 08001]

[382] Logon to server '(local)' failed (ConnUpdateStartExecutionDate) "

NOTE : Named pipes was disabled in SQLServer configuration manager, is that causing the issue ?

Please advise how to proceed further on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

• Call Customer Support Services (CSS)

No, disabled named pipes is not going to cause shared memory connection failures.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply