Sql Installation Configuration file

• Hi, I divided my C-Drive into two partition. I do have C & G drives in my system. when I tried to install Sql server I choose all my file paths to my G Drive but I couldn't able to change configuration file path. It is by default showing the C drive directory only.

• The SQL Server install will always add about 3.5GB of files to the system drive. Most of these go into the GAC, which can only exist on the system drive.

At most you can get about 0.5GB of program files on to a different drive, but IMHO there is little point in doing this as you end up using a drive letter for very little benefit. You may as well put all 4GB of files on to the system drive.

Using something other than the system drive for database files is a whole different ball game, and this is definitely worthwhile doing.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply