SQL Agent can't run SSIS Package

• Connect SSIS (default instance) from the Object Explorer and click Filesystem and import the package from the Filesystem (your path).

Then run it from there and see how it goes.

If this works, you should be able to create the Job running the SSIS from file system with no problem.

• I'm having the exact same issue, I can successfully run the SSIS package within Visual Studio AND as a deployed Stored Package (MSDB) within MS SQL Server Management Studio... BUT it fails when scheduled as a job within SQL Server Agent.

Were you able to find a fix?

thanks

• save it to the file system and run it from there

OR

Use a third party app to run the job

• Tried the file based, in addition tried moving the Access db locally and repointing the package, and executing the job via the job scheduler, with same results. The scheduler and jet don't seem to get along. Oh, well.

Instead of pulling, I'll push the data into SQL Server prior to job execution.

thanks for the suggestions.

• mashadaG (10/3/2008)

Hi

I am having the same problem, not sure what I am doing wrong

Here is my error output, hope somebody can make heads and tails of? My package is trying to access data from an MS Access database. I have been reading stuff about 32-bit/64-bit from the forum, not sure whether that might be a solution???

Executed as user: LEWISHAM\sqlagent. ... 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 11:37:15 Error: 2008-10-03 11:37:19.08 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: pckgResTest Connection manager "SourceConnectionOLEDB" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "'I:\Planning & Performance-SH\Systems\Data\ProAchieve\RetentionData.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.". End Error Error: 2008-10-03 11:37:19.09 Code: 0xC020801C Source: Data Flow Task Source - export [1] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SourceConnectionO... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I had the same problem. Here's what I have logged as the solution

Error when running SSIS package from an agent job. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Unspecified error".

This issue occurs because the SQL Server 2005 Agent proxy account does not have permission for the Temp directory of the SQL Server Agent Service startup account.

• Hi all,

I've been trying to solve the same problem following the hints: mapped network drives, accurate path settings and so, but I couldn't find a way to make my job work.

In my case the real problem was that the account for the sqlserver agent had no permissions on the folder where the package.dtsx was stored. So I could run it from BIDS or directly double clicking the file, but was impossible from the sqlserver job manager.

Maybe is not your case, but ensure that the correct permissions are set for the agent or account that launches the job.

hope this helps

xgs

• [font="Verdana"]

Check by enabling the Use 32 bit runtime option in Job Step properties > Steps > General > Execution options [if Type: SSIS package]

Thanks,

Mahesh[/font]

MH-09-AM-8694

• Almost the same problem, but my package kept giving to following

Executed as user: SABC\Tvlicloader. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.1600.1 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Started: 13:37:10 DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 13:37:10 Finished: 13:37:12 Elapsed: 1.391 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

IN SSIS, in the package properties, somehow the ForceExecutionResult was set to failure!!

So the package would run un BIDS, no problem, but as soon as I schuduled the job it would return a failure in SQL Server Agent.

Dont know why you would want to force the job to have a result of failure!!!:-P

• What exact version of SQL Server 2005 are you running. Some of what you are trying to do might require a licensed install of Enterprise Edition.

We had a named instance of SQL Server 2005 developer edition that had to be rebuilt becuase nothing ran as expected in the SQL Agent Scheduler.

After a rebuild with the SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition Install media to a Main (not named) instance, all the issues with BizTalk and custom SSIS packages SQL agent sceduled jobs went away....

• Did you check to see if the user specified in the credential associated to the proxy had "Log on as a batch job" permission, which you can assign directly or just add the SQL Server Agent account to the local admin group. I have the least issue using a domain account over a local account.

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• I'm having this error:

Option "Source=GAMBIT;Initial" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed.

I have created a credential and a proxy that gives access to all the subsystems. Is there some principals that I have to make sure I add or some references that I have to make sure I add so that I'm able to run the SSIS package from the SQL Server Agent? Thanks in advance.

• stormsentinelcammy (5/6/2011)

I'm having this error:

Option "Source=GAMBIT;Initial" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed.

I have created a credential and a proxy that gives access to all the subsystems. Is there some principals that I have to make sure I add or some references that I have to make sure I add so that I'm able to run the SSIS package from the SQL Server Agent? Thanks in advance.

That looks like an incomplete connection string... did you edit it to hide certain info? Or is that the actual error?

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply