SQL 7 and 2005

• Is it possible to have the Enterprise Manager for SQL7 and Management Studio for SQL2005 installed on the same machine?

• I can't say for sure about the SQL 7 tools but I know that you can run the 2000 tools alongside the 2005 tools and the 2008 tools. So, my guess is that you will be fine.

Enjoy!

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• [font="Verdana"]I hope you can have both the client tools in the same machine. Why you want SQL 7 client tools, with management studio itself you will be able to connect SQL 7 servers.[/font]

• Yes, you can.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • SQL2005 Management Studio will not connect to any versions previous to 2000.

I have installed SQL7 enterprise manager and they work fine side by side.

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply