SQL 2014 SSIS Proxy account issues

• Hi,

I am having real trouble trying to get an SSIS package trying to run via a SQL Agent Job in SQL Server 2014.

I have set up a new credential and proxy account as per all our SQL2008 R2 servers (which have all worked perfectly), but the job refuses to run in 2014 and just gives the error:

Executed as user: DOMAIN\Proxy_account. The process could not be created for step 1 of job <job number> (reason: A required privilege is not held by the client). The step failed.

I have tried changing every permission, even making the proxy account a Server Admin and a SQL Admin, but nothing will work. I have tried changing the Integration Services service account (instead of the NT Service\MsDtsServer120 account) to run as the same account as the SQL Agent service account, I've tried it running as the Network Service accunt and also the Local Service Account, but it still gives the same error.

I have searched for this error extensively and tried everything I've found that is suggested, but still no luck.

However, the job runs fine if it is run as the SQL Agent Service Account. It also runs fine if just executed via the "Execute Package Utility".

Has anyone else encountered the same issue on Windows Server 2012 R2 with SQL Server 2014? I am experiencing it on all servers of the same architecture, so it's not specific to this one server.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• In case anyone else comes across this same issue, the source of the problem was a server security setting - our SQL Agent account needed to be added to "Replace a process level token" in Local Security Policy.

• Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am running SQL2016 on windows 2012 R2. The process could not be created for step 1 of job 0xD656A2765BDCF54F91F7D2CA16398CC3 (reason: A required privilege is not held by the client).

Did you get your issue resolved?

Thank you

M

• Yes, see my second post above - resolved by adding our SQL Agent account to "Replace a process level token" in Local Security Policy.

• Thank you. After i read your post, I solved the issue.

I changed the service account running SQL Agent to local services, restarted the agent.

Then change the local services back to the service account and restarted the agent.

After that the job ran successful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply