SQL 2012 developper edition

• HI,

Is there a free version/edition available of SQL 2012 that we can use to develop (like Developer edition for 2008)? Is where where I can get it?

Thanks

• express 2012 is free, and you can get it straight from microsoft;

the enterprise evaluation edition is also free, but it expires after a while.

both of those you can google for the links

the Developer 2012 runs about $50 dollars or so,and you can get it straight from microsoft, Amazon, you name it.

i paid 44 plus shipping from some Amazon partner, i think.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• here is the link

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/get-sql-server/try-it.aspx

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• Developer Edition for 2008 was not free. It cost money. Maybe you're thinking of Express 2008.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Thanks everyone.

So I can use Express 2012 free on a dev machine, right? Or buy the developer edition for about 50$.

Rem

• Rem70Rem (5/24/2012)

Thanks everyone.

So I can use Express 2012 free on a dev machine, right? Or buy the developer edition for about 50$.

Rem

Yep. Developer Edition is only *almost* free. Here's a link to it on Amazon.

(note that not all of these include the Media, so you may still have to download it)

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply