SQL 200k Named Instance Issue

• I have two data servers running SQL 2005 as the default instance and running 2000 on a named instance. I can connect to the SQL 2000 named instance on one remotely just fine, but I'm not able to connect to the SQL 2000 named instance on the other server from anywhere except for on that local machine.

I have checked all the settings, and every thing looks identical under the connection settings and the nextwork configuration dialog.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lee

• I thought this wasn't supported, or at least not installing SS2K later. Did you install both as SS2K and then upgrade?

Perhaps the SQL Browser is broken because its' 2000 and doesn't show off the Ss2K instance?

Have you set a specific port for SS2K, say 50001 and then connecting to it with that port? Use a comma after the name to specify the port in QA.

• They were both 2000 originally, uninstalled 2k, installed 2k5 as default, and went back and installed 2k as named instance.

I'm not sure what might be different from them, but specifying the port works for the one we could not get registered.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply