SQL 2008 Maintenence Plans fail

• I cant modify, or create a new Maintenace Plan ( back up plans)

I get the pop up message

' Could not load file or assembly 'msddsp', Version = 9.0.0.0., Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = bo3f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependancies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Microsoft.DataTransformationService.Design)

This Sql is running a day to day operational database, and so Im not in a position to uninstall and re-install SQL 2008.

What is wierd is that I can create a new back up (Maintenance)plan with the wizard - but when created I cannot modify as I get the same fault message.

Any one help?

• Check if this discussion helps.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Pradeep

thanks for your offer to look at yr blogs . A full disc was the first thing I looked for - but that wasnt the issue.

I found I had an element of SQL2005 express on the server - which for some reason was conflicting the 2008 elements from being used.

A quick deletion , and quick SQL 2008 disc 'repair' - and all is well now.

• Phil Henry (7/30/2010)

thanks for your offer to look at yr blogs . A full disc was the first thing I looked for - but that wasnt the issue.

He didn't suggest you look at his blog, that's a signature. The link he advised you to go to was a Microsoft forum with a solution for the exact error you were receiving.

• Hi Howard

HaHa thx for that (lol- I wasnt being facetious when I said Id looked at Praheed's blog - I actually did read some of his stuff)

Id already looked at that KB article on MS site - tried the fix but it wasnt a .net issue, and Id still had the problem which is why I posted my query

• Can you explain what exactly you did when you say

' a quick deletion and a quick disc repair and all is well '

• forgive me I cant even remember what I did yesterday never mind almost 2 years ago, ....

Im guesing now but..

I uninstalled the 2005 stuff as I felt it was interfereing in some way with the 2008 stuff (probably illogical but Im an artist not an engineer- so sometimes I go with my heart rather than my head)

as regards 'disc repair' - I probably ran a disc clean up utility

• I am sorry. I googled this issue and got the forum--did not check the date and asked the question. I guess I will have to try to do something similar. Thak you for responding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply