SQL 2005 Report Server

• Has any successfully tied a report to fixed width text file on a network? When I report locally, it works fine. The following message is the result of running it from the network:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'BPMF41'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

ERROR [HY024] [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY024] [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

• Does the reporting services service account have rights to the location?

• The report service is set to use the local service account. I am also able to navigate to the directory that has the text file without having to put in a windows username and password. I change report service account to the domain admin account to see if that works.

• I switched the service to use a domain admin account. I know get the following message:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'BPMF41'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

• I tried running the SSRS on the domain account and I get the same result. Additionally, I tried using OLEDB but also ended up with the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Are you runing on a 64 bit OS?

Do you create your ODBC as a System DSN?

Or did you create one using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

• I could be wrong, but from the error "ERROR [IM002]", it appears that you need to use the correct ODBC connection for the applicaiton.

32-bit applications will only see a DSN created in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

64-bit applications will only see a DSN created using %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

If you installed the 64-bit version of SQL Report Services but created the DSN in the 32-bit %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe, then you will get that error.

It would be interesting to how if you solved this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply