SQL 2005 DB Mirroring

• Hi All,

I am trying to setup Database mirroring to fail over to a standby environment for about 8 hours so we can do an upgrade. There will be no writes to the database once we fail over. I am currently running the following version of SQL

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (X64) Oct 14 2005 00:35:21 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

When I try to run the script to configure the first endpoint i get the following error:

Msg 1498, Level 16, State 2, Line 5

Database mirroring is disabled by default. Database mirroring is currently provided for evaluation purposes only and is not to be used in production environments. To enable database mirroring for evaluation purposes, use trace flag 1400 during startup. For more information about trace flags and startup options, see SQL Server Books Online.

I have not enabled flag 1400 because I am not trying to use this for evaluation purposes. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,

Paul

• paul.corujo (12/18/2008)

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (X64)

You have 2005 RTM there. Mirroring was only enabled in SP1.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Excuse my ignorance but doesn't it say 64 bit Enterprise edition with service pack 2?

• When i run:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

It returns:

9.00.3042.00SP2Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

• paul.corujo (12/18/2008)

Excuse my ignorance but doesn't it say 64 bit Enterprise edition with service pack 2?

Yes, but that's not referring to SQL.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (X64)

SQL version and build

Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

SQL Edition

on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Operating system version and patch level.

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

It returns:

9.00.3042.00 SP2 Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

And you ran that on the same server as you ran the @@version that you posted in the original question?

SQL can't be both build 1399 and 3042 at the same time.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Looks like you are connecting to two separate instances of SQL Server. Verify that both instances are at the same patch level.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• No I didnt and you are 100% correct. When i run it on the original server it does show RTM. My question now is when i run

create endpoint dmig_mirror

state=started

as tcp (listener_port=1440)

for database_mirroring (role=all)

on the server which is not RTM i get the same error.

• Both databases are on named instances if that helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply