USE [itiserver]

GO

DECLARE @return_value int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[csp_AddDMUser]

@username = N'STATION1'

SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value

GO

Msg 15118, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough.

(1 row(s) affected)

• That's the execution of said stored procedure. Do something like:

USE itiserver

GO

EXEC sp_helptext csp_AddDMUser

Judging by the name of the stored procedure, it is probably creating a login to the SQL Server and the password that's being specified is not meeting complexity requirements. So you'll have to either modify the stored procedure to use a complex password for the login being created or to specify that the password policy won't be enforced.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I was currious if you ever found a solution to the csp_AddDMUser and your "third party" software application.

Specifically, I have the exact same issue - I note that the sp is encrypted and cannot be modified : my idea was to add to the procedure a CHECK_POLICY=OFF so that when the software attempted to create the user/machine name, that the password complexity requirements would not be enforced when creating.

I was currious your experience and how you got thru this?

Thanks

• I'm sorry I don't remember how we fixed it. Its working now. I'm thinking it had something to do with deteting the user in the database list of users. Sorry again, I wish I could help.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply