SQL 2005 (64Bit)

• We just installed SQL2005 - 64bit.  Every thing seems to check out okay but replication.  It will not push or pull to other SQL2000 servers.  It creates the snapshot and then throws an error:  "Can't find the Snapshot".  This is on a new 4 processor server with a few hundred gig of available storage.  We have ruled out all the things that might cause this error with Microsoft.  They haven't got a clue. 

After days on the phone and countless emails, they are setting up a test environment for the problem which includes modifying SQL Server Management Studio to see what might be going on.  Apparently, SQL_SMS doesn't support this situation or certain stuff in SQL2005-64.

We are not real encouraged!  Seems to be a problem with the 64 bit and not with the 32 bit version.

Anyone run into this? 

• Did you try subscribing the same publication to a SQL2005 instance instead of 2000?

• Once I tried replication with SQL 2005. I tried to replicate a data base from SQL Server 2005 to SQLEXPRESS. In that process the database in the SQL SERVER 2005 got some porblem. I am unable to modify any table structure. This Data Base is in developmental stage. So when ever a table needed a modification, I had to create a new table an do every thing with respect to table once again. But the newly created table works fine. Mine was SQL Server 2005 32 Bit

V.Kadal Amutham

vkadal@gmail.com

• Thanks all.  Apparently MS has some problems with the 64bit version.  We reverted back to the 32 bit version and everything seems to be working fine..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply