SQL 2000 DTS packages failed in SQL 2005 Cluster

• My SQL 2005 is a Failover cluster environment.

At the Active node (Node 1), I imported some SQL 2000 DTS packages and executed them with a DOS BAT file (use the DTSRUN command).

They worked fine.

Today, I did cluster failover, then Node 2 become the Active node, but I got the following error when I executed my BAT files :

ActiveX Scripting was not able to initialize the script execut

ion engine

Some web sites say I need to re-register the axscphst.dll.

But both of the Node 1 and Node 2 don't have this axscphst.dll, so how can I re-register it ?

Any ideal ?

• Do you have SSIS setup as a cluster resource? if not is it installed on both nodes?

also, where did you store the dts packages? are they in a location that is available to the cluster and was that resource failed over?

• During the SQL 2005 Cluster installation, only the SQL Server Database Service and Analysis Services have the "Create a failover cluster" option for us to click.

Integration Services doesn't.

My DTS packages locates at the SQL Server 2005 msdb.

In fact, I am trying to use the dstrun command file by a MS-DOS batch file and try to execute this batch file by the Windows 2003 Scheduler of both the cluster nodes.

Some web sites say I should register the axscphst.dll on the passive node 1 more time, but the point is I couldn't find this dll either in the active or passive node.

So I have no ideal to fix this DTS problem on my passive node.

• I couldn't find the axscphst.dll but I found an AXSCPHST90.DLL at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\COM folders of BOTH the active and passive node.

Are these 2 dll files the same ?

Should I register this AXSCPHST90.DLL instead ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply