Split by data type.

•  

Please assist? I would like to split the Value column based on what data type is in the corresponding Type column e.g 113 in Value column = Impressions in Type column. Want new column(s) created based on data type.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 15.35.01

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  yrstruly.
  • What have you tried and what are you struggling with? Posting the details of your attempts and the output vs. what you're trying to get as output will help us help you.

• You've been around enough to know by know that images of data don't help us help you, and that DDL and DML is much better for making it easier for us to be able to. What are you expected results as well?  Like Martin said, what were your attempts to solve the problem?

As you've posted this in the Integration Services Forum, I assume you're looking for an SSIS solution. Is this in a dataflow? Are you looking for a solution using an SSIS expression, or are you using something like a Script Component, and thus need the solution in C#?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I'm not really sure what you're after but it seems like maybe you could just create a derived columns.

new column, name: dc_ImpressionsValue

Expression:  type == "Impressions" ? value : NULL (need to use the correct null expression based on datatype)

This would be a new column in the data flow named dc_ImpressionsValue and would contain 113 for the first row.

You could make multiple columns like this for the different types such as Time and Counters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply