SP3 and SQL Mail problems

• I am experiencing a weird e-mail problem on my servers that have SP3 on them. If I use the @query parameter with xp_sendmail, I get the following error: "ODBC error 8198 (42000) Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'BCDOM\SQLServer'. [SQLSTATE 01000]".

This worked fine on these servers before SP3 was applied and it works other servers with SP2. For right now, I will just create a stored proc to save the query in a varchar and use the @message parameter instead.

Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks,

Kathi

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Even though the same error message is mentioned in the articles, neither one addresses my issue. I have modified my proc to use a cursor to read each row and build a message string instead of using @query.

Thanks,

Kathi

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• Has ANYBODY ever actaully solved this issue. I have done everything in the article and nothing works.

The strange thing is, on 2 of about 30 SQL Servers here are doing it and they were all setup identicle to one another.

This is driving me NUTS!!!!

• Well, may not relate, but we had a similar problem with certain sql servers unable to resolve the sql mail email address. On the servers w/ the prob, see if you can remove/re-setup the email profile used by sql. If not, point to the active directory server rather than the exchange server during setup & see if the email account resolves, then. Root of the problem seemed that not all email acct's were propogating to all DC's, & sql servers that auth'd to one that couldn't resolve the sql mail account had prob's. Worth a shot, at least.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply