Some one devloper update a column in a table, how to I find out who updated?

• Hi All,

Some one devloper update a column in a table, how to I find out who updated it is?

Could you please help me out?

Thanks is Advance:-)

• Unless you had some form of auditing in place, you don't.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • There's nothing in SQL Server that tracks who is making changes automatically. You have to set something up ahead of time. There are lots of ways to do that, so you need to define what it is you're looking for in particular.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• AAKR (6/7/2012)

Hi All,

Some one devloper update a column in a table, how to I find out who updated it is?

Could you please help me out?

Thanks is Advance:-)

Which version of SQL server are you using?....if it's SQL 2005, you can use DML trigger to track who made the changes.....and if it's SQL 2008 and above, you can use the CDC(change data capture) which you need to enable at the DB level and then the table level as well to track for any changes. You can use these methonds going forward if you want to track the changes.

Regards,

TA

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• thanks for the all the responces

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply