Site is great, users are great, search engine is terrible

• Does anyone else get constant errors when using the search facility? Is there a posting or notice somewhere that it's been intermittant for months?

No Script Results Found

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error executing extended stored procedure xp_tdbExecuteReturnSql Result set too large to fit in memory. Use CACHE SIZE to limit memory use. Trying to allocate 524304 bytes (Module:FreeItem,Method:AllocateMemory)

/search/turbo.asp, line 211

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• It's a bug in the Surfinity/Imceda/Quest product. We got it from Surfinity and now Quest is not providing support without a large $$ fee that I'm not sure I want to pay. Especially since I advertise their product.

They say to upgrade, but we can't work out the licensing and they're not sure the upgrade will work since the product was rebranded.

It's a problem with large searches being too broad and I suspect memory is leaking though it doesn't seem easy to find. SQL is poking along with 1.6GB of memory and everything runs fine except for that stored proc.

I'll reboot. I haven't scheduled one, but maybe I should each weekend until we work things out or get support.

• Thanks for the answer. I didn't think it was me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply