SIOS Sanless Clustering

• Is anyone using this as an alternative HA solution? If so how is it working out for you?

We're investigating anything that could help us avoid the prohibitive cost of licensing our ESX host to enable us to use VMs for day to day running and HA/DR, and this was one of the first companies to get literature to me. I'd be interested in anyone's experiences with them, or what other solutions you're using to avoid the massive license costs of covering an ESX host.

• Quick caveat--I do some paid work for Sios.

That said I'll give you some honest answer. The main thing Sios software allows you to do is build a cluster, with duplicated storage (something like a combinations of Availability Groups and Failover Clusters in SQL Server). You can do this without standard edition, and you can also build a failover cluster in VMWare.

The software supports both synchronous and asynchronous modes, so it supports replication over distance. It works at the Windows volume level. Once configured, it operates exactly like a Windows/SQL Failover Cluster instance.

• Thanks for the answer. I guess it's basically block level replication between 2 servers...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply