Simple Update Statement in The trigger does not work

• Below is my sample script to update the

following dblSubtotalDetail ,dblsubtotaldetailRate ,dblSalesPrice ,dblSalesPriceRate from Table A when I inserted a data in Table B using the trigger but it seems that it is not working, When i execute the scripts no error founds can you share some light on me?

I will really appreciate it:-D

I'm looking forward for your help

Thanks

DECLARE @OrderItemTypeID int

,@sku nvarchar(100)

,@ACorderID int

SELECT top 1 @ACorderID =orderID FROM inserted

SELECT @SKU=sku FROM ac_orderItems where orderitemtypeID = 0 and orderID =@AcOrderId

SELECT Top 1 @OrderItemTypeID=orderitemtypeid FROM inserted

if @OrderItemTypeID=4

GOTO Discount

else if @OrderItemTypeId = 3

Goto Tax

else

GOTO OncePerrow

--Discount

Discount:

DECLARE @Price decimal(12,4)

,@DiscountPrice decimal(12,4)

,@ItemsName nvarchar (100)

,@ItemsDiscount nvarchar(100)

,@DiscountPercent decimal(12,4)

,@Quantity decimal(12,4)

SELECT top 1

@ItemsName=a.name

,@Quantity = a.Quantity

,@Price=a.price

,@ItemsDiscount=b.name

,@DiscountPrice=b.price

FROM ac_OrderItems a

INNER JOIN ac_OrderItems b

ON b.name=a.sku

WHERE a.OrderID = @acOrderID and b.orderID = @acOrderID and Isnull(a.intvccntID,'')<>'' and Isnull(b.intvccntID,'')=''

DECLARE @Result decimal (12,4)

SET @Result = (@Price - ((@DiscountPrice * (-1))/@Quantity))

Update [VCsamplecompany].dbo.tblOESalesDetail

SET dblSubtotalDetail=@Result

,dblsubtotaldetailRate = @Result

,dblSalesPrice=@Result

,dblSalesPriceRate = @Result

FROm [VCsamplecompany].dbo.tblOESalesDetail

WHERE intACOrderItemID in

(SELECT orderItemID from ac_orderItems

where sku = @sku and orderID = @acOrderID and OrderItemTypeID=0)

• Hi

It's very hard to help without some sample data or more information. As you say the trigger (part you posted) doesn't generate a syntax error. So it depends on your data.

Did you check:

1.)

Is the value of @OrderItemTypeId "4"?

2.)

Is your JOIN really correct? Are there two rows in your ac_OrderItems which can be joined over "name" and "sku"? Do both of these rows have the same "OrderId" (value = @acOrderOD). Is "intvccntID" set in both of these rows?

Some design issues:

* Your trigger will run into problems with bulk operations because it handles only the first item.

* Try to avoid GOTO :sick:

Greets

Flo

• Thanks,

Yup i do check the value of the variable and it seems that they are correct, i suspect that there is some thing wrong with my join but i can't figure it out 🙁

• So take a valid value for your @acOrderID.

Start with your first JOIN (the SELECT which fills the other variables) and copy into a separate query window. So you can figure out if it works.

After that same with the second JOIN (your UPDATE statement). Copy to another query window. Replace the UPDATE part by a SELECT clause and make it work.

Greets

Flo

• Hi flo,

Thanks for the time it's an odd thing but believe me when i do that like what you have said the Update statement works. But in the trigger it does not 🙁 I give you a sample data)

Table A

Name

Item A

UPS NExt Day

ITEM A

SKU

ItemA

Null

Price

intVCCntid

Null

Null

Quantity

Computation of Discount

get the Original Price of an item with OrderItemTypeID = 0 and orderID = 18 (125.00)

get the Price of an item in where Name = SKU and the intVCCntID is not null and the orderItemTypeID = 0 and OrderID = 18(-5.00)

get the Quantity of an item where orderItemTypeID = 0 and orderID = 18(2 qty)

Computed Discount= 125-(-5.00 *(-1)/2)

Table 2

strProductID cntID dblsalesPrice

-------------------------------------------------- -----------

ITEMA 151 125.000000

Then Update the Table2 set dblSalesPrice = Computed Discount where cntID(151) = Tablea intVCcntID (151)

• Hi hunter

I really want to help. Could you please provide DDL (CREATE statements) for your sample data, some INSERT-statements for the sample data and the SELECT you are using? Problem is your sample data do not completely match to your initial trigger. I want to avoid a wrong solution 😉

You can find a link in my signature which should be really helpful for providing some sample data.

Greets

Flo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply