Silly question...

• I'm new at this forum and know nothing about SQL server or queries.. I was looking how to install Query Analyzer, as I can't seem to find it anywhere on my CD's. Help would be great...

• Do you have Enterprise Manager installed? 

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• Isn't it part of the client setup process, which as I recall is just an option from the common setup routine?

• Rerun the sql server setup, then you'll see an option in the wizard that says "install client tools only".

But first check if you have ms sql server / Enterprise manager in the pragrams menu.

• I'm confused... I want to install QA on my workstation, so it will not have anything related to SQL on it...

• When I put the CD in the drive, the options shows as follows..

SQL server 2000 components

SQL server 2000 Prerequisites

Brows Setup/Upgrade help

Read the release notes

Visit our web site..

Nothing that states TOOLS only...

• Don't have the cd here. Maybe you can hit sql server components, then next and see if it's there.

I don't remember the exact screen but IIRC you have a few next to hit before getting to it.

• Does it matter that its dev ed?

• Don't know !?!?

• Wow... no one knows how to install the software.... Interesting forum....

• I don't qualify myself as everyone on this forum and the fact that I don't hve the install cd here doesn't help. I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon.

• When you click on the Programs menu, do you see Microsoft SQL Server as one of the choices? 

• After I click on SQL server 2000 components, I see:

Install Database server

Install Analysis services

Install English query

I would not mind drilling down to folder level to install it...

• JoeTeck -

Choose "SQL server 2000 components" - depending on your version of windows you may or may not be able to install a local version of the actual database server, key is to make sure to include "client tools" as part of the installation.  After you've completed the installation you should have a group called "Microsoft SQL Server" show up on your start menu, inside of that group will be various clients and tools including Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager.

You may have to install the "Prerequisites" before you will be allowed to install "SQL server 2000 components".

Joe

• Thanks Joe!  You sound like the person to help here! 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply