Shrinking logs on Mirrored Principals

• Hi all,

I seem to remember seeing a YT vid where someone warned against shrinking down mirrored principal logs.  I'm aware it's never best practice under any circumstances (and of course I NEVER shrink datafiles) but I believe he said there was an extra risk when the log being shrunk was mirrored. 

I've recently had to shrink down a few mirrored principal logs to make emergency space, would be good to have an idea whether there truly is extra risk.  Personally I can't see how it would be riskier than with a log without a HA in place, but over to you guys....

TIA

• JackCarrington - Friday, September 7, 2018 4:11 AM

Hi all,

I seem to remember seeing a YT vid where someone warned against shrinking down mirrored principal logs.  I'm aware it's never best practice under any circumstances (and of course I NEVER shrink datafiles) but I believe he said there was an extra risk when the log being shrunk was mirrored. 

I've recently had to shrink down a few mirrored principal logs to make emergency space, would be good to have an idea whether there truly is extra risk.  Personally I can't see how it would be riskier than with a log without a HA in place, but over to you guys....

TIA

You can shrink log in principal and it will get replicated to mirror

• coolchaitu - Friday, September 7, 2018 4:24 AM

JackCarrington - Friday, September 7, 2018 4:11 AM

Hi all,

TIA

You can shrink log in principal and it will get replicated to mirror

🙂 Yes buddy I'm aware of that !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply