Setting breakpoints on the control flow itself (2008R2)

• Today I was debugging a package and specifically the package configuration (2008R2). I wanted to examine the configured variables and connections before any tasks began executing. So, on the control flow design surface, I right-clicked, selected breakpoints and enabled all of them.

Then, from solution explorer, I right-clicked my package and selected execute.

The package executed, but did not stop at any breakpoints (all of them were set). When the message: "Package execution completed..." appeared, I once again right-clicked on the design surface and looked at the breakpoints. They were still set but now the hit count for every event was set to 1.

So the problem seems to be that the breakpoints can be set on the control flow just fine, but when running the package in the debugger, execution will not pause when the breakpoints are hit....even though they are apparently hit, according to the hit counts at package completion.

Any thoughts on this?

Anyone seen this or tried it or have a solution/workaround?

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

• FWIW This must be a bug in 2008R2. Just tried the same thing in 2012 SSDT and it works as expected

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply