Server Authentication User w/ Ole DB connection

• Has anybody come across an issue where I have a user for my ETL processes and Im setting it up using Server Authentication. I set up the connection in SSIS (native ole - just the default), enter in the username/password, set the DB, test connection, get "Connection Successful". Then, when I execute the package, I get "Acquire Connection Failed - Login failed for [myusername]". I can connect through MGMT studio just fine with this user and excute the same queries that SSIS has in lookups and what not as well as see all the tables necessary.

Any ideas?!!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

• SSIS does not like to save passwords. There is a property for the package called "ProtectionLevel" that will allow you to save some passwords based on a package password or your NT login. However, another user running the package or scheduling it from a job agent often requires you either configure connection strings in the SQL Agent or use package configurations.

Look at these in books online. If you have further questions after reading up on them, post back here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply