Sending Parameters in URL

• I am trying to run a report giving values for the parameters by enclosing the whole lot in the URL, but no joy. For instance, adding

&year=2006

to the end of the URL already there, just brings up the report waiting for its parameters to be filled in. If the parameters are hidden, the same thing. If default values are set, the values in the URL are ignored and the report runs with the defaults.

Anyone had a similar problem? What am I doing wrong?

• I'm not sure exactly what you're doing wrong, but I can tell you that it *is* possible to do what you want to do <s>.

Post your full URL.  It looks like you may have the querystring syntax wrong, although that might *not* be it, from what you show here.  If there is one param, then you need to put

?year=2006

at the end, the ampersand is used to attach *additional* params *after* the question mark and the first name-value pair in the query string.

>L<

• If you are only passing one parameter in the URL and you don't have defaults set for the others, it will wait until you select something before it runs.  Either set the others to have default values or pass all your parameter values in the URL and it should run.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply